Thursday, February 22, 2018

I Hate When Snow Gets Over My Tires!

Photo found on Google Images: Romania
When I first met my husband, he lived in Pittsburgh and I lived in Portland.  We met in an online group (41Plus on Internet Relay Chat) back in 1996.  For the first year we mostly chatted online and occasionally talked on the phone, visiting face-to-face infrequently.  It was winter and it had recently snowed in Pittsburgh.  He said he loved to walk in the snow at night when it is falling gently and the world is lit from the snow.  All is silent, he said, with only his footprints showing anyone was around.  It was a lovely picture he painted and I responded with my famous statement, "Yes.  I love snow...as a concept."

Zoe love the snow
See, I don't really want to be out in it for any reason.  I just love to see it falling out my window, landing on the trees and the grass.  I love to see it first thing in the morning while it is all fresh and beautiful, before people have driven over the roads and brought the reality that there are other people in the world.  I have no desire to play, throw snowballs, ski, sled, nor make snow angels.  Hell, I wouldn't be able to get up if I laid down to make a snow angel.  I love to watch kids, watch families, dogs play in the snow.  But me?  Hot chocolate, Oreos, and a good book.

Doug agreed that he really hates when snow gets over the tires and he has to dig...drive a teeny bit...dig all the way out of his alleyway. And I laughed!  I said, "Hahaha!  Snow doesn't gets over the tires!"  

Understand our different references.
Pittsburgh snow:
Portland snow:

This week we have been hit with winter weather.  Nothing like last year's three snow storms, but we have had a little bit of lovely winter this week.  The part of the world that gets SNOW (rather than our sno) laughs at us that a few inches of the white stuff will shut down the city.  My elder son said when people make fun that we can't drive in the snow, they are talking about him.  

Because we don't often get snow--maybe an inch or two, once or twice a year at most--we love to take photos of the fluffy stuff.  So here's my photos of our yard.



It melted down a bit, froze overnight and then more snow arrived.  No pictures of the following morning with more inches over the small bit here.

I sent some pictures to family and friends in Southern California.  "Wow!  Lots of snow!" was the response.  If I had sent them to friends back east, they might have smiled and said, "What?  You didn't go out shopping in that teeny bit?"

It's all about perspective, isn't it?

A snow angel I did not make (Google images)
 peace~~~

No comments: