Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Funday: Roller Skating!


The laughter.  The music.  The lights!  What could be more fun than roller skating at the skating rink?  What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

My dad loved roller skating.  He met my mom at the roller skating rink in Pomona, CA.  She wrote in her diary that she was so flattered that such a handsome fella would pay attention to her.  When my sister and I were old enough, he taught us to skate.  I was a scaredy cat but my sister would fly around the driveway like a Bay City Bomber!  

And remember those great skates with a skate key?  They were da bomb!  Best shoes were tie-up clunkers, but tennies worked too.  A few tightening turns and you could cruse around all afternoon on sidewalks--or in our farmlandish area case, that long driveway.

Today we have much safer skates with shoes attached.  And stopping thingies in the front.  Guess crashing into the walls or falling on the grass wasn't the safest thing,  But hey :)

 So what do you say?  Jump into a Funday Sunday by taking the kids, the grands, yourselves out to the rink for a bunch of fun!


And so it goes
peace~~~


No comments: