Thursday, May 13, 2021

What's Hanging on My Design Board

I rarely have more than one project going at a time. I like to focus on that one and think about the person or people it will be heading off to.  But right now I have four! Yes, four.  No wonder I am feeling lethargic and lazy ;)

First on my list is a fun table runner we are making in my Introduction to Quilting class. We meet once a week on ZOOM and I'm teaching them how to put together a quilt. Mostly they are learning how to make blocks using a quarter inch seam, Half Square Triangles (HST) and straight piecing. Since quarter inch seams and HSTs are basic to any quilt pattern, they are important to know.  Once you get those puppies down, plus a scant 1/4" seam, you are good to go!  the students all are doing great and have some of the best fabric for their runners. Mine is sunflowers. Yea Summer!

Last winter I had made my niece a beautiful lap quilt--it was perfect for her--and someone stole it off her porch when delivered.  So I am making her a new one. A different pattern and style, but it is still her :) It is about 3/4 finished, almost ready to quilt. And yes, I learned my lesson.  I pay the extra couple dollars for a signature for all packages that I mail since then. It was disappointing that it was stolen.  I really hope they needed the warmth and comfort.

That reminds me that once I bought a bunch of wonderful things for my friend in New Zealand. The box never made it to the house! The post office found a mangled empty box along the route. Never caught the "thief." But we were all pretty sure it was the postman. Oh yeah and another time I sent the same friend a package of goodies and days later they found it in the woodpile out back of their house. Crazy kiwis.

The third quilt is a wedding quilt for my nephew and his beautiful bride.  They got tired of searching for a venue during COVID-19 so they simply ran off to Las Vegas and eloped :)  It is about 1/4th finished.

And today I just cut out all the pieces for a commissioned quilt. I have made these two wonderful people one other quilt and I put that one it off. "No rush!" they said.  Yeah I eventually rushed LOL  So, I decided, even though again they said, "No rush!" that it was time to speed theirs up.  All cut out and ready to stitch.

I also have three client quilt tops to quilt, waiting patiently out in the studio, and a second commissioned quilt for which I need to buy fabric. Those are not on my design board...not yet ;)

Off to play with fabric!

And so it goes
peace~~~

No comments: