Tuesday, July 09, 2019

What's On My Design Board?

Spring Rain
I usually don't have unfinished projects because I like to see the quilt finished.  For many years I never started a new project until the first project was completed.  All that has changed as the years have gone by.  So what projects do I have on my design board right now?  Plenty.

In my Spring class, the students made a nice quilt called Spring Rain.  When I was a student in this class, I always had the project complete by the last day.  I'd bring it to class and sew the binding.  This spring, I haven't completed the project yet.  My class this summer is "UFOs"--unfinished objects.  I will add the borders to the top in a week or so.  But I do love the soft spring colors of yellows, blues, and whites.


 In June I took a class up in Washington at the best little fabric store around: The Paisley Duck.  Well worth the 40 minute drive.   I wanted to make this cute pup.  I have it in mind for friends who lost their sweet pup last fall.  It was an interesting process of reversing the pattern and appliquéing with fusible webbing.  I usually do needleturn appliqué, so this was a bit of a challenge.  I now need to sandwich and quilt it.  I will be using different stitches on the pup body to help the illusion of a crazy quilt on the pup body.

Probably the worst procrastination on my design board is my husband's stepdaughter's (I call her my stepdaughter-once-removed) stepson's (I call him my stepgrandboy-twice-removed) high school graduation.  I make every niece, nephew and grandie a wall-hanging that focuses on their interests when they graduate from high school.  It is the worst procrastination because he graduated a year ago June.  Gotta get it done!  

He is going to an acting school in Los Angeles.  Him on TV gets lost with the bordering fabric.  I need to remove all the dark around his TV and add a lighter fabric.  Then add the "rabbit ears" at the top and quilt it.  I'll finish this by next weekend :)   

That's what I'm working on.  Plus three quilt tops to quilt for a client.  And a bunch of other projects I an eager to get started!  What have you been up to lately?

And so it goes
peace~~~




No comments: