Monday, December 09, 2019

Monday: How the Hell Did It Come Around Again?

Seems like it was just Friday night and TaDa!  It's Monday again.  I might be retired but Mondays are still Mondays.  I woke up early and am watching the sun rise under the Portland cloudy skies.

It seems silly to love weekends just as much as when I was working, but there you have it.  My fella has weekends off and I like him being home.  We both had adventures this weekend.  He had Drum Circle.  In winters, they have the circle in different participant's homes.  There were about eight or nine people here in our living room.  I don't participate, but the sounds of the circle were wonderful and energizing.

I had a few things to do this weekend, also.  Quilting out in the studio--need to finish those Christmas quilts.  The Christmas Bazaar--needed to walk every mile of the event to the point of not walking again for a couple days :)  And then the pièces de résistance--dinner with my wonderful old friends from my Southeast Portland days and Minit Mart/Candy's Kwik Shop.  We've known each other for maybe 40 years.  Lots of chatter.  Lots of memories.  Lots of hugs.  We do this every year and it is always a great event.  Even as the group gets smaller, this year did not disappoint.


But today is Monday.  Can't trust that day.  So instead of babbling on about nothing, I will wander off and find something to do with my day before it hits me I am actually awake.

And so it goes
peace~~~

No comments: