Saturday, January 04, 2020

Think Small


So many memories. 
So many miles. 
So many adventures. 

Learning to drive stick in Steve Carr's VW. 

Cutting school to drive to the beach in my '56 Chevy-yellow bug and selling dandelions for pennies and nickles to get a couple gallons of gas to get home. 

Racing up and down the hills around the vineyards with the little triangle windows turned all the way out so that Cindy and I could pretend we were race drivers. 

Moving to Oregon and throwing a rod near Bakersfield.  That stop allowed my Aunt Ruth to watch Chris take his first steps. 

Playing around the curves near Reed College on my way home from PSU, every time thinking of how Steve taught me to take curves. 

Traveling up and down I-5 corridor. Chugging up over Grapevine and flying down. 

Buying a New Beetle, insisting it had a stick because that was how beetles should drive, but sorely missing the trunk in the front.

I loved driving my bug.
   I loved thinking small.  
  
photo from GOOGLE images
And so it goes
peace~~~ 

No comments: