It's been a long while since I have been able to sew. Classes have been taking too much of my time. So now that school is out, I am able to put some things together and finish. Here are a few of my most recent quilts.
Daisy Mae is a fun wallhanging that helped me learn how to applique. I finished making the top last fall, but the poor thang has been sitting in my "to do" pile for a while. The pattern is from my cousin's online quilt store, Quilt Books U.S.A. It is a needleturned applique on a 3" pieced back.
Purple Haze was made from a free redwork pattern from Alex Anderson. I set the flowers on point and found this gorgeous purple batik for the lattice. The center piece is from Alex's Shadow Redwork book.
I also recently made these two quilts to give away to the Children's Relief Nursery, an organization that helps abused children and their parents. They were pretty fun to make. Rag Dolls is needleturned applique. Fairy dust was crayon-colored and then embroidered.
Just a week before, I made this little wallhanging for one of my favorite people who retired this year. One of his students drew a great picture of him, so I embroidered the portrait and framed it with fabric.
On to more sewing! Have a great time doing what you love.