Sunday, February 19, 2012

Second Block Decisions

The second set of blocks for this quilt, based on what Ricky Tims calls "Convergence," will take some thinking. I want to do something different than the first, but not too weird.

I started with the background for the checkerboard blocks as a large 4-patch.  The fabrics used for this
are The Blended Collection IV by Sharon Yenter for In the Beginning fabrics and Floral Carpet by P & B Textiles. The sunflower fabric is a Hoffman batik and the yellow is something pulled from my scraps.

I layered the 4-patch and the checkerboard blocks and decided to cut them at equal widths. I decided a 3"strip was sensible without getting too small, but small enough to allow the pattern to show through the checks.  Then I laid them all out and took a peek.

 Here's the original layout:
 What would it look like if I switched things around?
Here's another alternative:

I'll let you know what I decide.
peace~~

No comments: