Keeping Portland Weird
June 21st was a big day in Portland.
- It was Summer Solstice. Since I love summer the best, it is one of my favorite days, a day I can read the newspaper out on the porch without lights well into 9:45.
- It was World Make Music Day. Lots of music out in the parks and on the streets.
- It was Summer Parkways Day in North Portland, where they close off streets so kids and their parents and everyone in between can ride their bikes out on the streets all day.
- There was a Beer and Cheese Festival.
- It was Father's Day, where we celebrate and honor the dads in our lives. And what better way to celebrate than...
- The Rose City Beard and Moustache Competition (okay so it was June 20th...it felt like it should have been on Sunday)
|Women competed in the "Build a Beard" competition|
|And then there are the classics...classics in a bikini top :)|